Looking for ways to throw a beautiful, memorable, and environmentally responsible wedding celebration that your guests will be gushing about for ages? Here's 5 easy ideas to get you started!
1. Choose a local wedding venue, and have it all in one place (ceremony+reception). You, your vendors, and your guests won't have to drive or fly long distances to come party down with you! Also, if you choose a beautiful garden/farmhouse/historic venue, you can cut down on your decoration costs because it's already so gorgeous!
2. Use eco-friendly invitations and save the dates! Lots of companies offer invitations printed on recycled paper products, and many even offer eco-friendly soy and vegetable inks!
3. Use locally grown flowers for your bouquets and decorations! Locally-grown flowers often cost less than imported flowers, and have an added benefit of a reduced carbon footprint!
4. Speaking of local vendors, supporting local family farms is a FANTASTIC option for your dinner menu! Fresh, local produce from eco-friendly growers, smart-sourced seafood, and responsibly farmed meats are a great way to support "the little guy" and feel great about the quality meal you are serving your guests!
5. Get creative with your wedding DECOR! There are so many adorable options for decorating for your big day! A quick trip to my pinterest page can get you off to a good start. Living party favors (little plants! Gahhh so cute), seed paper seating cards, live centerpieces, the list goes on and on!